Image via CrunchBase
Do you have a fan page on Facebook yet? Now is a great time to make one. It's pretty easy too.
Why would you want a Facebook page for your business? Check out these Facebook statistics:
- As of 2011, there are over 800 million Facebook users.
- More than 50% of all Facebook users log into Facebook daily.
- The average user has 130 friends.
- The average user is connected to 80 groups, events and community pages.
How to create a Facebook page in 5 simple steps
- Click on this URL to begin. http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Select a category for your business. Think carefully about this because it's not easy to change once in place. Now fill in your business name. Again, think carefully as this cannot be changed once it's in place.
- Fill in the basic information including your logo or a photo. This is a step that cannot be skipped. People do business with those they know, like and trust. They need to see who you are or who your company is. Include all the ways they can get a hold of you: email, phone, cell, fax, website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Include a short bio about you.
- If you are a local business be sure to include your hours and days of operation. In the "about" section fill in as many details as possible. This will tell your customers WHY they should do business with you. Make it about them...not as much about you. The Bio is about you.
- Once you've filled in all the sections about you and your business, it's time to start inviting people. Invite your friends via email. Invite them through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Remember to promote your page on your blog or website too. You will need to ask people to LIKE you in the beginning. They don't know you have a page yet, so ask for the likes.
- Your first goal now is to get to 25 likes. Once you do, you can change the URL of your page and make it shorter. Click here to do that. It's a very simple process.
There, that was easy! Now you need to fill up your page with valuable information. Remember the 90/10 rule. 90% value and 10% about your business. Share information with your fans that relates to your business that will help them become more knowledgeable. When you share value, they are more likely to use your services because they love how much you know AND they know you'll be helping them with with their needs.
My rule of thumb is to post a minimum of 1 post a day and up to 4 daily. Interact with your fans. If they post a comment, reply back. Yes, this may seem like a lot of work, but it's pretty easy in exchange for their business.